Planet Interactive is in search of a Marketing Communications Specialist to work for a major corporation based in Atlanta, GA. If you are highly motivated and have at least three years experience creating and publishing written communications in a professional capacity, this opportunity maybe for you!
Location: Atlanta, GA (near Hartsfield-Jackson Airport)
Benefits: medical, dental, vision and 401k+
What you will do…
- Inform, educate and engage the In-Flight Service workforce of over 22,000 flight attendants about departmental vision, goals, direction and strategic initiatives through the creation, execution and distribution of innovative and effective multi-media communications strategies and tactics.
- The position reports to the Manager – IFS Communications and Information Management.
- Write and edit assignments that are diverse in breadth, style and complexity and include telling the various In-Flight stories in a creative and compelling way for campaigns supporting major divisional initiatives
- Research and craft internal press releases, leader memos, employee correspondence and policy and procedural updates and clarifications
- Update employee manuals and reference documents
- Design and edit various ad hoc marketing publications and performing basic web page design and content management on the IFS intranet site, all in an extremely fast-moving and deadline-driven operational environment.
- On a daily basis the IFS Staff Writer will work closely and collaboratively with the IFS Communications Managers, divisional stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify, understand and proactively respond to their unique communication needs and opportunities and develop and deliver timely, professional, effective and creative communication solutions incorporating both print and visual elements.
- He/she will master technology-based IFS communications vehicles for the creation, delivery and management of IFS messages and content, including web publishing software, subscription email software and other enterprise web, text and voice-based communication applications.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field is required.
- Minimum of three years corporate communication, marketing or public relations agency experience preferred, with at least three years experience creating and publishing written communications in a professional capacity required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and frontline employee groups.
- Proven aptitude with core Microsoft Office products is essential.
- Experience using web publishing (SharePoint) and subscription email software programs and creative design experience with graphics and document layout software programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher, etc) highly preferred.
- Must have a high degree of initiative, the flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines as required. A writing exercise will be administered as one component of the interview process.